How will I get the Invoke firmware update in 01.2021 if I can't set it up to connect to the internet?

Anonymous
2020-11-01T23:36:49+00:00

I had to hard reset my Invoke back in December or January. It's been sitting around like a neglected child because neither Cortana on my android phone nor my PC have been able to get it connected to finish setup. The apps just don't find the Invoke.

I'd like to use it as a Bluetooth speaker as Microsoft has been saying could happen. And I saw on H-K's website that the speaker is going to have to be connected to receive the firmware update when it comes out. I'd sure like to solve the connectivity problem before the update is released so that it's ready.

It seems a myriad of people have had trouble with their Invokes beginning about a year ago; presumably because of Cortana's focus shifting from consumer to back-end. And I do appreciate the rebate. But this is a perfectly good, amazing-sounding speaker that I'd like to continue to use. Otherwise it's unfortunately e-waste. Is there a real solution out there?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Cortana and search

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-01T18:27:07+00:00

    I was once Microsoft number one fan buy they abandon products to much for me to remain a loyal consumer. I will move on and never buy another Microsoft product

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-01T18:42:43+00:00

    did you manage to update your speaker?

    I did, all three of them. However, this was immediately after the firmware update came out. I haven't had to try it since.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments