same thing happened to me this morning...its now a bluetooth only speaker
How will I get the Invoke firmware update in 01.2021 if I can't set it up to connect to the internet?
I had to hard reset my Invoke back in December or January. It's been sitting around like a neglected child because neither Cortana on my android phone nor my PC have been able to get it connected to finish setup. The apps just don't find the Invoke.
I'd like to use it as a Bluetooth speaker as Microsoft has been saying could happen. And I saw on H-K's website that the speaker is going to have to be connected to receive the firmware update when it comes out. I'd sure like to solve the connectivity problem before the update is released so that it's ready.
It seems a myriad of people have had trouble with their Invokes beginning about a year ago; presumably because of Cortana's focus shifting from consumer to back-end. And I do appreciate the rebate. But this is a perfectly good, amazing-sounding speaker that I'd like to continue to use. Otherwise it's unfortunately e-waste. Is there a real solution out there?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Cortana and search
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-02-05T14:40:05+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-02-05T16:39:36+00:00 Yes. The Harman Kardon Invoke w/Cortana.
-
Anonymous
2021-02-05T16:40:18+00:00 It's not even that for me. Can't get past setup because setup stopped working entirely for me.
-
Anonymous
2021-02-05T16:42:02+00:00 I've tried several different Cortana instances on different platforms over the past year. None has worked for me.
-
Anonymous
2021-02-05T16:43:34+00:00 Wow. The fact that you were even able to set it up again makes me suspect that my Invoke actually bricked a year ago.