Have you gone Settings, Network & Internet and did the Troubleshoot?
What OS build are you on? Hit the Windows key, type winver, hit Enter.
Or Windows key+r, winver, OK
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I had to hard reset my Invoke back in December or January. It's been sitting around like a neglected child because neither Cortana on my android phone nor my PC have been able to get it connected to finish setup. The apps just don't find the Invoke.
I'd like to use it as a Bluetooth speaker as Microsoft has been saying could happen. And I saw on H-K's website that the speaker is going to have to be connected to receive the firmware update when it comes out. I'd sure like to solve the connectivity problem before the update is released so that it's ready.
It seems a myriad of people have had trouble with their Invokes beginning about a year ago; presumably because of Cortana's focus shifting from consumer to back-end. And I do appreciate the rebate. But this is a perfectly good, amazing-sounding speaker that I'd like to continue to use. Otherwise it's unfortunately e-waste. Is there a real solution out there?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Have you gone Settings, Network & Internet and did the Troubleshoot?
What OS build are you on? Hit the Windows key, type winver, hit Enter.
Or Windows key+r, winver, OK
I'm on 2004. My computer and my phone connect to my WiFi just fine. But the Cortana app does not find my Invoke while trying to set it up. Again, I hard-reset the Invoke, so it doesn't know my WiFi credentials; that's part of setup that comes after the app finds the Invoke. Which isn't happening.
Can anyone from Microsoft answer this, please?
This is a forum of users not Microsoft.
What is this Invoke you are talking about?
The Harmon Kardon Invoke speaker with Cortana. Microsoft is taking away Cortana, and has a transition plan in place that apparently isn't working for anybody that I can see (here's another post). I can't set my speaker up using the Cortana app to be ready for the update that Microsoft is sending in January. I'd like to be ready. I've tried the app from android and from Windows. Neither will connect.