My Invoke has been connected to internet and in daily use since the beginning. From today it started to say, "What else can I do" or "How can I help" every 1 second. Not possible to stop her. I suspect I HAVE NOT received the new firmware. I have re-downloaded the Cortana Device Setup app in hope that it would update the firmware, and was able to set it up again, connected to internet and all. But same symptoms; "What else can I do" every 1 seconds. I need to add that I am a foreign customer living in Norway, but with English US w10 setup, and English US regional and Cortana used to work up to today. I am fully aware that Cortana service is to be discontinued these days, but I simply want my Harmon Cardon Invoke to work as a Bluetooth connected device.
How will I get the Invoke firmware update in 01.2021 if I can't set it up to connect to the internet?
I had to hard reset my Invoke back in December or January. It's been sitting around like a neglected child because neither Cortana on my android phone nor my PC have been able to get it connected to finish setup. The apps just don't find the Invoke.
I'd like to use it as a Bluetooth speaker as Microsoft has been saying could happen. And I saw on H-K's website that the speaker is going to have to be connected to receive the firmware update when it comes out. I'd sure like to solve the connectivity problem before the update is released so that it's ready.
It seems a myriad of people have had trouble with their Invokes beginning about a year ago; presumably because of Cortana's focus shifting from consumer to back-end. And I do appreciate the rebate. But this is a perfectly good, amazing-sounding speaker that I'd like to continue to use. Otherwise it's unfortunately e-waste. Is there a real solution out there?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Cortana and search
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-02-05T08:52:39+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-02-05T08:01:14+00:00 What I did is find an old build of cortana on Android and installed that on my phone, then set up Cortana on that to connect to the internet. So far I am still able to use the spotify service as usual and the usual Cortana services.
-
Anonymous
2021-02-04T02:10:26+00:00 Same here. I just moved and now Im trying to set it up again and it will not connect.
Microsoft, please contact us.
I receive an error message stating "Your are not connected to a network or the network has no internet access. Please go to Wifi setting page to check then try again."
I've tried this several times even factory reset and restart of all devices.
Ideally I should be able to connect to the Cortana Invoke without even connecting to the internet via Bluetooth. This seems like a very simple compatibility issue. Rather, the Invoke wants to set up the device before allowing use of the device at all. This renders the device useless.
PS. There were typos in the actual message on the Cortana App, as seen above.
-
Anonymous
2020-11-14T23:24:34+00:00 The Harmon Kardon Invoke speaker with Cortana. Microsoft is taking away Cortana, and has a transition plan in place that apparently isn't working for anybody that I can see (here's another post). I can't set my speaker up using the Cortana app to be ready for the update that Microsoft is sending in January. I'd like to be ready. I've tried the app from android and from Windows. Neither will connect.
-
Anonymous
2020-11-13T06:43:39+00:00 This is a forum of users not Microsoft.
What is this Invoke you are talking about?