There were some issues with the setup on Windows earlier with response like "I am having trouble reaching the service" on Cortana Device Setup app. But then it got fixed, so now you can try Windows again, just make sure sure your Cortana Setup App is app to date. I tried setting up with Android or iOS 14.4 (14.2 won't work) and was able to setup all my Invokes.
How will I get the Invoke firmware update in 01.2021 if I can't set it up to connect to the internet?
I had to hard reset my Invoke back in December or January. It's been sitting around like a neglected child because neither Cortana on my android phone nor my PC have been able to get it connected to finish setup. The apps just don't find the Invoke.
I'd like to use it as a Bluetooth speaker as Microsoft has been saying could happen. And I saw on H-K's website that the speaker is going to have to be connected to receive the firmware update when it comes out. I'd sure like to solve the connectivity problem before the update is released so that it's ready.
It seems a myriad of people have had trouble with their Invokes beginning about a year ago; presumably because of Cortana's focus shifting from consumer to back-end. And I do appreciate the rebate. But this is a perfectly good, amazing-sounding speaker that I'd like to continue to use. Otherwise it's unfortunately e-waste. Is there a real solution out there?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Cortana and search
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-02-05T23:03:42+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-02-05T22:35:18+00:00 What kind of issue do you have? Where does the setup fail?
-
Anonymous
2021-02-05T22:34:08+00:00 Yes, happened this night. Fixed now.
-
Anonymous
2021-02-05T16:43:34+00:00 Wow. The fact that you were even able to set it up again makes me suspect that my Invoke actually bricked a year ago.
-
Anonymous
2021-02-05T16:42:02+00:00 I've tried several different Cortana instances on different platforms over the past year. None has worked for me.