did you manage to update your speaker?
I did, all three of them. However, this was immediately after the firmware update came out. I haven't had to try it since.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I had to hard reset my Invoke back in December or January. It's been sitting around like a neglected child because neither Cortana on my android phone nor my PC have been able to get it connected to finish setup. The apps just don't find the Invoke.
I'd like to use it as a Bluetooth speaker as Microsoft has been saying could happen. And I saw on H-K's website that the speaker is going to have to be connected to receive the firmware update when it comes out. I'd sure like to solve the connectivity problem before the update is released so that it's ready.
It seems a myriad of people have had trouble with their Invokes beginning about a year ago; presumably because of Cortana's focus shifting from consumer to back-end. And I do appreciate the rebate. But this is a perfectly good, amazing-sounding speaker that I'd like to continue to use. Otherwise it's unfortunately e-waste. Is there a real solution out there?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
did you manage to update your speaker?
I did, all three of them. However, this was immediately after the firmware update came out. I haven't had to try it since.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
I was once Microsoft number one fan buy they abandon products to much for me to remain a loyal consumer. I will move on and never buy another Microsoft product
did you manage to update your speaker?
It might be too late now, but the way I got around this was to setup the Invoke using my computer. The computer needs to be able to communicate with BT speakers or headphones (to make sure it has the right profiles).
As I said, it might be too late now, but give it a try anyway.