Windows 10 error 0xc1900101 and error 0xc1900101-0x20017 Repeatedly

Anonymous
2020-11-23T16:27:47+00:00

Have tried so many resets I am surprised the hard drive is no knackered. Clean boots, disabling drivers, changing system configuration to hide all microsoft services and disabling non microsoft all fail with the same error.

I have tried all the things you are told to do by microsoft in their pages and still get the same error. Lenovo wipe their feet and say its beyond their support when asked. Nothing I have been told by any representative here has worked. The only thing I have yet to try is a clean install of windows 10!

The computer is as follows:

Lenovo Ideacentre 310s-08asr amd a9-9245 radeon r5 compute cores 2c+3G

8Gb Memory

860Gb free on hard drive

Razer Chroma keyboard

Windows Defender used no 3rd party

Have been told it is the mcafee boot protection but mcafee has been removed after every windows reinstallation, the mcafee removal tool three times.

The previous update via media creation too i tried update and that failed but gave no error code.

This time i tried the iso file and update and yet again it failed but this time i get error 0xc1900101-0x20017

When i use windows update i just get error 0xc1900101 and nothing else.

In the past i have disabled all non microsoft services and i have also disabled display adapters; Printers, sound, video and game controllers and did a restart and that failed also.

I have tried everything the advisers have said and that failed everytime.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-23T23:47:53+00:00

    Is it a bootable installation usb or the iso file usb stick? as the bootable one leads you directly into installation etc

    I have a bootable usb windows 10 installation disc and it will boot to that drive if F12 is pressed on boot

    I cannot see how you do what you say from step 1 to 2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-24T00:16:51+00:00

    Dear Graham,when you get to the "Install Now" screen click on the "Repair your computer" option on the bottom left, then click on Troubleshooting> Restore PC> Keep my files.

    I hope I helped, even more!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-24T00:33:56+00:00

    I am wanting to upgrade this pc to the latest version on window 10 version 20H2.I have reset it so many times back to version 1903 and back so many times it is ridiculous. It seems a clean install of windows 10 via media creation tool maybe required as no one single adviser seems to be able to solve this and they all give up.

    I have seen many videos that show how to do a clean install but non that explain what to do if that goes pear shape.

    I have a bootable windows 10 installation usb

    I have a working system repair disc complete with  a created recovery drive.

    So what I am asking is what to do, whether those videos are correct as they all show that when the windows installation is run and you choose custom install and not to keep your files. You have to delete partitions etc. None have shown what you say. Hence my confusion and frustration.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-24T13:36:24+00:00

    Dear DenisRahman,​I recommend that you follow the steps in this video for troubleshooting:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBjHtQzDPQw&amp...

    I hope I helped, see you soon!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-24T15:29:20+00:00

    Now that looks promising, now for my experiences.

    Pressing F12 originally brought up the boot order menu and I chose the usb device and the computer ignored that and booted from the hard drive.

    Next in BIOS I secure boot to disabled

    then

    moved the usb  to position 1 in the primary boot sequence ahead of the hard drive

    then saved and reset the computer

    Now it gets interesting

    Computer then boots to the usb drive, then the windows logo appears, then there is an "interference like glitch " when the computer tries to start from the usb. Then the screen goes blank before it tries to boot from the hard drive as normal. Then the computer goes into a continuous loop between trying to boot from and run from the usb and the normal boot screen via the hard drive and does nothing else. Until the usb is removed and the computer then boots as it would normal do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments