Dear Graham,I understand that you performed the informed procedures and still did not solve the problem, in which case I recommend the repair with a media before you try to perform a clean installation, follow the steps below:
I believe you already have a DVD or Pendrive with Windows 10, I will list other steps that may help you. Even if I have a DVD or Pendrive, I will go through the procedures to create a boot device and start it through your computer to try to recover the system.
Method 1
First try to access the Bios Setup, activate the UEFI option and disable the Secure Boot and Fast Boot options. To finish, press F10> Yes. If you have questions about accessing Setup, check the equipment manual or consult the device manufacturer.
Start your computer and check if the behavior persists.
Method 2
Download the tool according to the installed Windows 10 architecture. On here: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
Run the downloaded setup and click Create installation media for another computer;
Select the Language, then select the edition and architecture according to the installed Windows 10;
Connect the Pen Drive;
Click Next;
Select the USB Flash Drive option and click Next;
Click Finish;
Boot with the Pen Drive; If you don't know how to access here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cri...
When the installation window appears, click Repair your computer;
Click Troubleshooting> Advanced Options;
Among the options presented, follow the procedures below:
Access the System in Safe Mode (Diagnostic Mode):
Click Troubleshooting> Advanced Options> Startup Settings> click Restart> press the 5 or F5 key to access Safe Mode with Networking.
Redoing the Windows 10 startup files:
Click on Troubleshooting> Advanced Options> Command Prompt> enter your Account and enter the commands:
CHKDSK /R /F X: [Enter]
Bootrec /Scanos [Enter]
Bootrec /Rebuildbcd [Enter]
Bootrec /Fixmbr [Enter]
Bootrec /Fixboot [Enter]
Restore the System by deleting everything:
Troubleshooting> Restore your PC> Remove Everything.
Note: Before performing the Restore System procedure by deleting everything, we advise you to make a backup of your data. You can connect your hard drive to another computer and transfer your personal files.
I hope this helps, even more!