Dear Graham,in boot mode change the Uefi option to Legacy only, if you do not have a legacy option, please inform what the options are.
I hope I helped, even more!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Have tried so many resets I am surprised the hard drive is no knackered. Clean boots, disabling drivers, changing system configuration to hide all microsoft services and disabling non microsoft all fail with the same error.
I have tried all the things you are told to do by microsoft in their pages and still get the same error. Lenovo wipe their feet and say its beyond their support when asked. Nothing I have been told by any representative here has worked. The only thing I have yet to try is a clean install of windows 10!
The computer is as follows:
Lenovo Ideacentre 310s-08asr amd a9-9245 radeon r5 compute cores 2c+3G
8Gb Memory
860Gb free on hard drive
Razer Chroma keyboard
Windows Defender used no 3rd party
Have been told it is the mcafee boot protection but mcafee has been removed after every windows reinstallation, the mcafee removal tool three times.
The previous update via media creation too i tried update and that failed but gave no error code.
This time i tried the iso file and update and yet again it failed but this time i get error 0xc1900101-0x20017
When i use windows update i just get error 0xc1900101 and nothing else.
In the past i have disabled all non microsoft services and i have also disabled display adapters; Printers, sound, video and game controllers and did a restart and that failed also.
I have tried everything the advisers have said and that failed everytime.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Dear Graham,in boot mode change the Uefi option to Legacy only, if you do not have a legacy option, please inform what the options are.
I hope I helped, even more!
There does not seem to be anoption to switch from uefi to legacy and when i accidentally changed it to legacy after enabling CSM the computer failed to load windows and said no o/s present or something similar.
In the BIOS on this computer the headers are:
Main; Devices; Advanced; Power; Security; Startup and Exit
Main - system summary, set time & date and language
Devices - USB setup - usb support enabled & usb legacy support enabled
ATA drive setup; video setup; audio setup; network setup; pci express config; card reader
Advanced - cpu setup
Power - After power loss - power off
Enhanced power saving mode - disabled
auto power on - wakeup on lan - enabled
wakeup alarm - disabled
Startup - Primary boot sequence
CSM - disabled
Boot Mode - UEFI Only
Boot up num-lock status - on
Exit - save & exit
discard & exit
load optimal defaults
OS optimized defaults - enabled
Security - Admin Password - not installed; power on password - not installed
set admin password; set power on password
windows uefi firmware update - enabled
require pop on system boot - yes; require pop on system restart - no
TCG Feature setup
TCG security device - firmware TPM
security chip 2.0
clear TCG security feature
Dear Graham,is some configuration in Bios that is preventing you from booting, what is the specific model of your Laptop?
When accessing bios, go to the "Boot" tab and see if you have any option like "Os optimized defaults" switch to other OS or if you have the option "Boot mode" switch from UEFI to Legacy.
If you want to send an image of the boot screen to the bios, it would help.
I hope I helped, even more!
Formatted the usb to blank state
Downloaded the media creation tool
Clicked on iso file option and create usb boot device
After this was downloaded and verified the computer was reset
On boot you get the lenovo screen
Then the computer tries to start from the usb as you get the windows logo
Then you get what looks like an interference glitch as the computer tries to load the startup
Then screen goes black and the lenovo screen appears then it goes black again as it tries to load from the usb. It then repeats this process in a continuous loop until the usb is removed and the computer boot as normal. The lenovo screen is the initial screen when the computer first boots and load windows.
Something is stopping the computer booting to the startup screen on the usb.
File system on usb is fat32
BIOS is set so that secure boot is disabled
Boot priority is set so that the usb is first in priority
Under startup, CSM is disabled and boot mode is set to uefi only
If CSM is enabled, then boot mode can be uefi only OR legacy only OR auto
When I accidentally set it to legacy only the computer failed to boot as it said couldn't find o/s
Dear Graham,
I recommend that you download the Windows image again and redo the USB flash drive for the repair procedure, follow the steps in the video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9GnWYKyyYo&...
After finishing this procedure try to start from the drive again and make the repair in Windows 10.
I'm trying to help you in every way.
I hope you can, see you!