How do i get rid of the yesterday, today stuff in folders

Anonymous
2023-02-23T20:09:41+00:00

I know this question has been answered before but for some reason some my folders keep going back to the Today, Yesterday etc. format and i like to use large icons and some of my folders are defaulting back to the Details format, they won't stay at what i set them at. is there some way to permanently stop Windows use of this type of folder setup, i'm fed up with having to adjust each and every folder only to have Windows ignore my settings.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-02-23T22:41:01+00:00

Hi, I’m Nicole, I’ll be happy to help you out today.

Try this procedure

Open File Explorer.

Click on the "View" tab in the ribbon menu.

Click on the "Group by" dropdown menu.

Select "None" from the options.

This should disable the grouping of files and folders by date. If you want to apply this setting to all folders, follow these steps:

Open File Explorer.

Click on the "View" tab in the ribbon menu.

Click on "Options" in the right-hand corner of the ribbon.

In the "Folder Options" window that appears, click on the "View" tab.

Scroll down and click on "Apply to Folders" button.

Click "Yes" when prompted to confirm.

This should apply the "None" grouping option to all folders. However, keep in mind that some folders may still have their own unique view settings, which could cause them to display differently. If this happens, you may need to adjust the view settings for those folders individually.

Hope this help.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Les Ferch 10,361 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-12-07T01:05:10+00:00

    Hi viewerx111,

    As you can see, I've tried several times to provide correct information in this thread. I've just posted a request to the moderators to unmark the answer.

    Les

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-06T22:59:24+00:00

    12/06/23 GROUP BY and OPTIONS _were_ what we needed. Why have they been REMOVED from File Explorer's "VIEW"? Why are so many things made to irritate people.

    I have 3 pages, I now have to click twice EVERY SINGLE TIME FOR NO REASON for each and every post I make. I will add to pages but not with this **** I hate it.

    I want an answer to the first point. I know I am stuck with the #$%^& of the designers for the second part.

    EDIT: I READ FURTHER. REMOVE "ON THE RIBBON" AND ADD "CLICK ON THE BLANK SPACE"!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-29T22:52:44+00:00

    Not there in my Windows 11

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-20T01:38:44+00:00

    Ok thanks, followed your suggestion and it worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments