Error code 0x800f081f on installing KB5023706 (KB5022913)

Anonymous
2023-03-02T03:46:07+00:00

3/15/2023 update: KB5023706 (March update on patch Tuesday) still has the same issue.

Original:

Hi all,

I'm having this issue installing KB5022913. The OS version is 22621.1325 (exit the beta insider channel days ago).

For more information, my machine is ASUS ROG Flow Z13 (2022) with i9-12900H, 32GB RAM, 2TB WD SN740, and RTX 3050ti Laptop graphics card.

Here's the CBS.log:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjKdZTNdsbqpgsu-BvDDw8gfqwxiF0k?e=G0yj66

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-03-16T16:52:10+00:00

The problem has been fixed through reinstalling windows 11

There's no need to reinstall the whole OS.

Uninstall the enablement packages, delete registry key WindowsSelfHost, delete folder SoftwareDistribution, disable optional diagnostics and restart.

Then check for updates and/or optional updates.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-15T12:28:35+00:00

    Immediately after installing KB5023706 (OS Build 22621.1413), Window Update offered and successfully installed two additional updates, FWIIW

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-15T15:22:46+00:00

    No I still has this issue, even after cleaning the update server.

    The devices are blocked by MS until the off-ramp is over, nothing anyone can do about it except forcing it.

    Did you see my previous post?

    Sadly I still has this issue too, from erro of KB5022913 to KB5023706, same with Nero Lee 929.

    The only thing we can do is to wait for tommorrow and hope everything goes well as your advise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-15T16:48:32+00:00

    No I still has this issue, even after cleaning the update server.

    The devices are blocked by MS until the off-ramp is over, nothing anyone can do about it except forcing it.

    Did you see my previous post?

    Sadly I still has this issue too, from erro of KB5022913 to KB5023706, same with Nero Lee 929.

    The only thing we can do is to wait for tommorrow and hope everything goes well as your advise.

    I'm sorry to hear this. Keep us posted.

    FWIIW, I never installed KB5022913.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments