Error code 0x800f081f on installing KB5023706 (KB5022913)

Anonymous
2023-03-02T03:46:07+00:00

3/15/2023 update: KB5023706 (March update on patch Tuesday) still has the same issue.

Original:

Hi all,

I'm having this issue installing KB5022913. The OS version is 22621.1325 (exit the beta insider channel days ago).

For more information, my machine is ASUS ROG Flow Z13 (2022) with i9-12900H, 32GB RAM, 2TB WD SN740, and RTX 3050ti Laptop graphics card.

Here's the CBS.log:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjKdZTNdsbqpgsu-BvDDw8gfqwxiF0k?e=G0yj66

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-03-16T16:52:10+00:00

The problem has been fixed through reinstalling windows 11

There's no need to reinstall the whole OS.

Uninstall the enablement packages, delete registry key WindowsSelfHost, delete folder SoftwareDistribution, disable optional diagnostics and restart.

Then check for updates and/or optional updates.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-08T17:05:46+00:00

    I do not believe this is correct. KB5022913 is 22621.1344, NOT 22621.1391.

    This is after that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T16:59:13+00:00

    Hi Sibro,

    I believe this is the issue. Also consider the KB number of these patches:

    Image

    22621.1325 belongs to KB5022914, but this update is KB5022913.

    I suppose this update is something completed before 22621.1325 beta build, and 22621.1325 has something this update doesn't have.

    I guess I'll just wait the 2023-03 patch. Thanks for mentioning.

    I agree with you. I still can't succeed in updating KB5022913 today. While according to the announcement, we should have ended the off-ramp process on March, 8. The only thing we can do is to wait.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-14T14:47:24+00:00

    今天我依旧还有这个问题,不知道题主顺利解决了么?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-15T03:01:49+00:00

    Sadly no. It's a new Tuesday and KB5023706 still throws 0x800f081f.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments