Error code 0x800f081f on installing KB5023706 (KB5022913)

Anonymous
2023-03-02T03:46:07+00:00

3/15/2023 update: KB5023706 (March update on patch Tuesday) still has the same issue.

Original:

Hi all,

I'm having this issue installing KB5022913. The OS version is 22621.1325 (exit the beta insider channel days ago).

For more information, my machine is ASUS ROG Flow Z13 (2022) with i9-12900H, 32GB RAM, 2TB WD SN740, and RTX 3050ti Laptop graphics card.

Here's the CBS.log:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjKdZTNdsbqpgsu-BvDDw8gfqwxiF0k?e=G0yj66

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-03-16T16:52:10+00:00

The problem has been fixed through reinstalling windows 11

There's no need to reinstall the whole OS.

Uninstall the enablement packages, delete registry key WindowsSelfHost, delete folder SoftwareDistribution, disable optional diagnostics and restart.

Then check for updates and/or optional updates.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-15T04:29:33+00:00

    No I still has this issue, even after cleaning the update server.

    The devices are blocked by MS until the off-ramp is over, nothing anyone can do about it except forcing it.

    Did you see my previous post?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-15T04:25:45+00:00

    No I still has this issue, even after cleaning the update server.

    The CBS log error shows:

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-15T04:21:43+00:00

    Wrong. This issue has been solved by the new build 22621.1413 that began rolling out today.

    That update (KB5023706) is for Release and RP only.

    OP's situation is well documented, I'm in the same boat for trying the off-ramp window.

    We just have to wait for MS to release it to former Beta Insiders once the off-ramp window ends.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-15T04:04:24+00:00

    Wrong. This issue has been solved by the new build 22621.1413 that began rolling out today.

    Just check for updates. It should fix the issue. If not then you can try cleaning the update server. I will provide you with the necessary information if it will still fail for you!

    For me it worked flawlessly! But I had a corruption in the update server as well, so I think that helped me with the installation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments