Error code 0x800f081f on installing KB5023706 (KB5022913)

Anonymous
2023-03-02T03:46:07+00:00

3/15/2023 update: KB5023706 (March update on patch Tuesday) still has the same issue.

Original:

Hi all,

I'm having this issue installing KB5022913. The OS version is 22621.1325 (exit the beta insider channel days ago).

For more information, my machine is ASUS ROG Flow Z13 (2022) with i9-12900H, 32GB RAM, 2TB WD SN740, and RTX 3050ti Laptop graphics card.

Here's the CBS.log:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjKdZTNdsbqpgsu-BvDDw8gfqwxiF0k?e=G0yj66

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-03-16T16:52:10+00:00

The problem has been fixed through reinstalling windows 11

There's no need to reinstall the whole OS.

Uninstall the enablement packages, delete registry key WindowsSelfHost, delete folder SoftwareDistribution, disable optional diagnostics and restart.

Then check for updates and/or optional updates.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-16T07:54:08+00:00

    Tried and failed. Don't know what to do next. How can we make our feedbacks be noticed by the developer?

    All: For you with continuing trouble, did you

    • start in beta or some insider build?
    • Go through the off-ramp process?
    • end up, in fact, in non-beta as shown in Windows Update settings?

    Just asking becasue I've lost track of what's happened to people here.

    I got through somehow, but first I when through these steps:

    • 10 Feb Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview (10.0.22623.1255) (KB5022918)
    • 14 Feb 2023-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 (KB5022497)
    • 17 Feb Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview (10.0.22623.1325) (KB5022914)
    • 19 Feb Update Stack Package - (Version 1023.201.1012.0)
    • 15 Mar Windows 11, version 22H2 (no KB nor number listed, turned out to be 22621.1413 KB5023706

    Note KB5022913 does not show as ever installing.

    Hope that helps.

    Edited to show KB5023706

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-16T07:15:37+00:00

    For those who are still struggling,

    If you really don't want to stick until an available update for you (and / or like me who must follow some policy that the system should be immediately updated within days), you can still try to use Windows installation iso.

    Download it via official site (according to bingpt, it should includes the latest patch), and let the setup download the update, and do upgrade installation as usual.

    I'm 22621.1413 now. If you really need to upgrade your system, you can try this method.

    This question will remain open for a while.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-16T06:36:05+00:00

    Tried and failed. Don't know what to do next. How can we make our feedbacks be noticed by the developer?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-16T05:53:27+00:00

    Today the error code still happens. I believe it's a mistake in patch, the required component Microsoft-Windows-Help-PrivStatement.Resources is not provided.

    Bummer!

    Honestly, I'm not sure what to believe anymore. I restored the off-ramp build that was waiting for any update but didn't get one. Got a .Net update and Malicious Software Removal tool.

    I'll try again tomorrow, after all is still March 15th here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments