Error code 0x800f081f on installing KB5023706 (KB5022913)

Anonymous
2023-03-02T03:46:07+00:00

3/15/2023 update: KB5023706 (March update on patch Tuesday) still has the same issue.

Original:

Hi all,

I'm having this issue installing KB5022913. The OS version is 22621.1325 (exit the beta insider channel days ago).

For more information, my machine is ASUS ROG Flow Z13 (2022) with i9-12900H, 32GB RAM, 2TB WD SN740, and RTX 3050ti Laptop graphics card.

Here's the CBS.log:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjKdZTNdsbqpgsu-BvDDw8gfqwxiF0k?e=G0yj66

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-03-16T16:52:10+00:00

The problem has been fixed through reinstalling windows 11

There's no need to reinstall the whole OS.

Uninstall the enablement packages, delete registry key WindowsSelfHost, delete folder SoftwareDistribution, disable optional diagnostics and restart.

Then check for updates and/or optional updates.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-02T04:39:12+00:00

    Hi Nero,

    My name is Cindy. I am sorry you are having this problem. I know it is really frustrating. I will do my best to help you with this problem.

    Please note: This is a user-to-user community forum. We are users just like you who help others. We are not employees of Microsoft.

    Thank you for reaching out. As much as I would love to help you with your Insider version of Windows, there is an Insider user forum.

    I highly recommend posting this problem in the forum. There are many very qualified Insiders and programmers who use this forum who should be able to help you.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum

    Please let me know if you have questions.

    Best Wishes,

    Cindy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments