Error code 0x800f081f on installing KB5023706 (KB5022913)

Anonymous
2023-03-02T03:46:07+00:00

3/15/2023 update: KB5023706 (March update on patch Tuesday) still has the same issue.

Original:

Hi all,

I'm having this issue installing KB5022913. The OS version is 22621.1325 (exit the beta insider channel days ago).

For more information, my machine is ASUS ROG Flow Z13 (2022) with i9-12900H, 32GB RAM, 2TB WD SN740, and RTX 3050ti Laptop graphics card.

Here's the CBS.log:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjKdZTNdsbqpgsu-BvDDw8gfqwxiF0k?e=G0yj66

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-03-16T16:52:10+00:00

The problem has been fixed through reinstalling windows 11

There's no need to reinstall the whole OS.

Uninstall the enablement packages, delete registry key WindowsSelfHost, delete folder SoftwareDistribution, disable optional diagnostics and restart.

Then check for updates and/or optional updates.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-16T16:43:47+00:00

    I am fully compliant with requirements and still have the issues described. Microsoft could at least give us the reason.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-16T16:13:09+00:00

    We're well past the off-ramp deadline and still no update, so something is wrong with the procedure.

    Or could be that MS is blocking non compliance devices, in my case a yellow zone i3 6th Gen laptop.

    Anyway, since I moved to 22624.1391 by a normal update long time ago, I'm not going to test this anymore.

    Good luck to all of you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-16T13:03:06+00:00

    Tried that without success.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-16T12:42:09+00:00

    Thank you all the same, @Captain_Eric1.

    I decide to wait for a few days. And if this error lasts to April, I'll try the method @Nero Lee 929 provides.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments