“Your credentials could not be verified” when entering PIN. Help!!

Anonymous
2023-03-05T06:21:58+00:00

I restarted my computer and when i went to put in my pin i got the message “your credentials could not be verified”. I tried to click “I forgot my pin” but when it did I got “Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available (status: Oxc000006d, substatus:

Oxc0070070). Click to set up your PIN again.” and when I did that I get the message “The user profile service service failed the sign in. user profile cannot be loaded”. So I looked around and safe mode just wouldn’t work then i decided to reset my pc and keep all files. now when I hold shift and click the power button i only have the option to turn off my PC. I’m really frustrated and would just like to use my computer.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-31T06:45:38+00:00

    Hi. My computer is doing the exact same thing. What to do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-13T14:01:52+00:00

    Its asking Bitlocker you must enter recovery key

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-03T08:40:06+00:00

    Hi, I still can’t login after doing this. Please can someone help

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-02T17:22:27+00:00

    It's really worked. Guys, I you're facing this issue please try don't get nervous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-14T12:36:43+00:00

    Hello,

    I'm not sure if the OP is still having this issue or not. I was experiencing the same issue last night, and I was able to finally get logged in this morning with my original passkey, and the internet wasn't needed.

    Here's what helped me in case anyone else might find it helpful:

    1. On the Windows sign-in screen, press and hold the Shift key while you select Power > Restart​​​​​​​
    2. Upon reboot, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Uninstall Updates
    3. From here, select Uninstall latest quality update
    4. After this is over, restart the PC normally, and sign in with passkey

    This worked for me. If automatic updates aren't disabled,
    the PC updates again, and the problem persists.

    Hope this helps ~

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments