Greetings I also have the same problem but with me I cannot do anything because every fixture in trouble shooting requires me to put a password I cannot even reset the pc
“Your credentials could not be verified” when entering PIN. Help!!
I restarted my computer and when i went to put in my pin i got the message “your credentials could not be verified”. I tried to click “I forgot my pin” but when it did I got “Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available (status: Oxc000006d, substatus:
Oxc0070070). Click to set up your PIN again.” and when I did that I get the message “The user profile service service failed the sign in. user profile cannot be loaded”. So I looked around and safe mode just wouldn’t work then i decided to reset my pc and keep all files. now when I hold shift and click the power button i only have the option to turn off my PC. I’m really frustrated and would just like to use my computer.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-11-30T09:56:12+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-10-26T01:19:03+00:00 I've tried restarting my computer in the way specified with safe mode networking and all that but my computer still says Credentials could not be verified. Why is it not working?
-
Anonymous
2023-06-04T10:19:57+00:00 Hi no did not work .thanks
-
Anonymous
2023-06-04T10:02:17+00:00 Yes need help on my computer
-
Anonymous
2023-05-24T11:09:07+00:00 Make sure you are using an administrator account to resolve this. 1] Repair Windows Hello Passwords (Face/PIN)

- Login with an admin account.
- Open File Explorer (Win + E) and navigate to the following location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
- Use Ctrl + A, and delete everything within that folder. If you don’t see the folder, then enable the show hidden files, folders, and drives option in File Explorer.
- If promoted with a Continue, then click Yes.
If you get the message— You don’t currently have permissions for this folder, then you need to change the folder’s permission.
- Righ-click the NGC folder and go to properties and click the Security tab.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Change beside Owner and type in Administrators and click OK.
- Restart PC.

I was able to get access to the NGC folder. You may need to reboot the PC after adding the account.
Now try emptying the NGC folder again. Done that, close all the open folders, and then go ahead and reset the PIN.
- Go to Windows Settings
- Navigate to Accounts > Sign-in Options
- Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN

Do the same for Face recognition, and check if the issue is resolved.