“Your credentials could not be verified” when entering PIN. Help!!

Anonymous
2023-03-05T06:21:58+00:00

I restarted my computer and when i went to put in my pin i got the message “your credentials could not be verified”. I tried to click “I forgot my pin” but when it did I got “Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available (status: Oxc000006d, substatus:

Oxc0070070). Click to set up your PIN again.” and when I did that I get the message “The user profile service service failed the sign in. user profile cannot be loaded”. So I looked around and safe mode just wouldn’t work then i decided to reset my pc and keep all files. now when I hold shift and click the power button i only have the option to turn off my PC. I’m really frustrated and would just like to use my computer.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-03T08:40:06+00:00

    Hi, I still can’t login after doing this. Please can someone help

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-13T14:01:52+00:00

    Its asking Bitlocker you must enter recovery key

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-31T06:45:38+00:00

    Hi. My computer is doing the exact same thing. What to do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-18T06:32:58+00:00

    Hello sir, I don't know what to do, because I put my password correct on the pin, but when I entered it, it said

    "Your credentials could not be verified",

    I tried resetting my (windows10) PC, but I still got the same problem. How to fix it please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-14T20:06:47+00:00

    Tried the hard shut off method cause nothing else worked. After I did the first hard shut off my laptop will not turn back on. Have any idea what happened?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments