“Your credentials could not be verified” when entering PIN. Help!!

Anonymous
2023-03-05T06:21:58+00:00

I restarted my computer and when i went to put in my pin i got the message “your credentials could not be verified”. I tried to click “I forgot my pin” but when it did I got “Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available (status: Oxc000006d, substatus:

Oxc0070070). Click to set up your PIN again.” and when I did that I get the message “The user profile service service failed the sign in. user profile cannot be loaded”. So I looked around and safe mode just wouldn’t work then i decided to reset my pc and keep all files. now when I hold shift and click the power button i only have the option to turn off my PC. I’m really frustrated and would just like to use my computer.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-07T10:20:10+00:00

    Microsoft ruins everything it touches.

    I added a 2nd hard drive on my laptop and now it says can't verify PIN or something like that. I login as administrator and I can't do anything to this other account to fix it even as admin.

    I hate Microsoft. They make everything overly complicated and just make life a living hell.

    We can't login to this account because the phone number changed but wasn't changed in his profile so it keeps sending text messages to a phone number we do not have access to and NO other way to validate the account.

    Thanks a lot Microsoft. YOU SUCK.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-15T14:38:48+00:00

    Help I restarting my computer

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T09:56:12+00:00

    Greetings I also have the same problem but with me I cannot do anything because every fixture in trouble shooting requires me to put a password I cannot even reset the pc

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-06-04T10:19:57+00:00

    Hi no did not work .thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Kapil Arya 38,496 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-05T09:26:26+00:00

    Hello,

    See if this fix helps you:

    https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-your-credentials-could-not-be-verified-in-windows-11-10

    Hope this helps!

    Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments