This:
Brilliant, Absolutely Brilliant! Thank you so much for the time to create this and then to share it. Just the thing for doing what Windows should be doing!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Every time I select the details view in a folder, I have to re-select what details I want (file type, length, etc) to the same thing. I have read many threads, but they seem to not be for Windows 11. There is no "Organize" option that I can see.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This:
Brilliant, Absolutely Brilliant! Thank you so much for the time to create this and then to share it. Just the thing for doing what Windows should be doing!
Glad to hear that worked for you. 🙂
I have done this procedure MANY times and it doesn't work. Windows always reverts to their "default" view, even for the same folder.
I have done this procedure MANY times and it doesn't work. Windows always reverts to their "default" view, even for the same folder.
As I mentioned above:
"Please note that many people will claim that you can set the overall defaults via Explorer's "Apply to Folders" button, but that's a half-measure. It doesn't always work and when it does work it only catches the five main folder types. There are MANY hidden folders types it doesn't catch, but most importantly, it does not update your file open/save dialog views."
Also note that views such as Libraries or Search results are different folder types, so using "Apply to Folders" to set your Documents folder, for example, does not change the view for Documents library or Documents search results.
There really is no built-in method that will let you change the folder view defaults globally. That's why I wrote a free tool to do that. It's available here:
Thank you! This issue has bugged me for years!