This:
Brilliant, Absolutely Brilliant! Thank you so much for the time to create this and then to share it. Just the thing for doing what Windows should be doing!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Every time I select the details view in a folder, I have to re-select what details I want (file type, length, etc) to the same thing. I have read many threads, but they seem to not be for Windows 11. There is no "Organize" option that I can see.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This:
Brilliant, Absolutely Brilliant! Thank you so much for the time to create this and then to share it. Just the thing for doing what Windows should be doing!
Wow, this little program works wonders. I downloaded it, unzipped it, and ran it.
Now all my folders look the way they should (in my world).
Thank you.
Glad to hear that worked for you. 🙂
That actually does NOT work. I have done the same thing and still other folders have the same default “date mod, type, size” details. I want all my folders to only be “date created” why is such a simple thing not possible in windows 11?
That actually does NOT work. I have done the same thing and still other folders have the same default “date mod, type, size” details. I want all my folders to only be “date created” why is such a simple thing not possible in windows 11?
The "Apply to Folders" procedure doesn't update previously cached file open/save dialog views. That's the most likely place you're not seeing the view updated. But there can be other places as well. That's why I wrote WinSetView. Microsoft doesn't provide a tool to completely change the default view everywhere. More details here: