This:
Brilliant, Absolutely Brilliant! Thank you so much for the time to create this and then to share it. Just the thing for doing what Windows should be doing!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Every time I select the details view in a folder, I have to re-select what details I want (file type, length, etc) to the same thing. I have read many threads, but they seem to not be for Windows 11. There is no "Organize" option that I can see.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This:
Brilliant, Absolutely Brilliant! Thank you so much for the time to create this and then to share it. Just the thing for doing what Windows should be doing!
Incredible! I am extremely less frustrated with my PC now. Thanks much
ππ You're welcome!
Incredible! I am extremely less frustrated with my PC now. Thanks much
I Tried your product "WinSetView" and it did as you stated, but I hit a bug which had me worried as when I began creating subfolders and moving files, the files were disappearing! Luckly I was able to hit the Undo several times to get my files to re-appear. Some kind of file pointer issue I suppose. I had to regrettably revert everything back to default, which your tool did for me quite well.
My scenario:
- installed WinSetView and set "details" view for everything.
- after seeing that the default size was smaller than I liked, I set the column sizes from 34 (tool default) to 70 (fit all columns was not an option)
- then I began working with several folders that I was preparing (new folders, renaming folders, copying data from other folders)
- when I opened the new folders that I renamed and had copied files into, they were empty. They were also gone from the source from where I copied them from.
- performed "undo move", "undo rename", "undo e.t.c..." and got everything back
I hope this is helpful. I really enjoyed having "details" on everything, at least for a few minutes. I look forward to you finding a fix to this.
WinSetView only clears and sets registry entries that relate to the Explorer default views for each folder type. It doesn't have any active components or patch any operating system files. Therefore, there's no reason for it to be the cause of the disappearing files. Maybe there's a strange display issue occurring. I suggest trying again, with everything left close to the defaults, and see if it's okay. If so, then try further changes, such as the wider name column.
LesFerch,
I Tried your product "WinSetView" and it did as you stated, but I hit a bug which had me worried as when I began creating subfolders and moving files, the files were disappearing! Luckly I was able to hit the Undo several times to get my files to re-appear. Some kind of file pointer issue I suppose. I had to regrettably revert everything back to default, which your tool did for me quite well.
My scenario:
I am running Windows 10 Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.5737)
Device Name Dell-Desktop
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Storage 932 GB SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 (2 GB)
System Type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
I hope this is helpful. I really enjoyed having "details" on everything, at least for a few minutes. I look forward to you finding a fix to this.
Ed