Windows 11 - how do I set default view for details (other thread solutions don't work or Windows 11)

Anonymous
2023-03-19T14:30:57+00:00

Every time I select the details view in a folder, I have to re-select what details I want (file type, length, etc) to the same thing. I have read many threads, but they seem to not be for Windows 11. There is no "Organize" option that I can see.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer recommended by moderator
Anonymous
2024-10-24T15:56:31+00:00

This:

https://lesferch.github.io/WinSetView/

Brilliant, Absolutely Brilliant! Thank you so much for the time to create this and then to share it. Just the thing for doing what Windows should be doing!

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-19T17:16:21+00:00

    Thanks. I tried that method and I guess I wrote it off because even though I uncheck "Status" it still appears - but for now I guess I will just put Status at the end of everything else I need.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-03-19T15:05:25+00:00

    Hi Jeffrey,

    I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    1

    Open a folder, then set the view the way you like it to be.

    Click the 3 dots at the top of File Explorer and select Options

    On the resulting dialog, select the View tab and click the 'Apply to Folders' button.

    That will set the view on all folders of that type.

    2

    There are a few folder types (Documents, Pictures, Mixed Items, Videos...etc.) in Windows and if you want to set the view for any folder type, perform the steps in 1 above for one folder and that will set the view for all folders of that type.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments