This:
Brilliant, Absolutely Brilliant! Thank you so much for the time to create this and then to share it. Just the thing for doing what Windows should be doing!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Every time I select the details view in a folder, I have to re-select what details I want (file type, length, etc) to the same thing. I have read many threads, but they seem to not be for Windows 11. There is no "Organize" option that I can see.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This:
Brilliant, Absolutely Brilliant! Thank you so much for the time to create this and then to share it. Just the thing for doing what Windows should be doing!
Yes, supposed to work ... usually does, but my issue was that a column I removed from the folders' view settings appears even though it shouldn't. Maybe MS will figure this out and fix in a future release (it previously worked perfectly ... somebody at MS messed up).
Open any folder. In the menu, select View, then Details. Adjust the columns you want (right click at top of any column to choose which columns you want). Then click on the hamburger menu (3 dots) and select Options. Selectthe View tab. Click on Apply to Folders at top and now all folders will (should) have exactly the same settings you just applied to the existing folder.
Hi Dave,
Is there a way to set folder view to "Details" for ALL folders? I just want Details always, whatever the folder type Windows has decided it is.
If there isn't (and I suspect there isn't, because Mickeysoft knows better what I want than I do), how do I know what folder type Windows has selected, and what folder type I'm applying my current view to? Is that shown somewhere?
Thanks.
I unchecked the "Status" column too. Then used Options, View, Apply to Folders to apply to all folders. Doesn't work ... used to work before Microsoft messed something up here. In fact, after deselecting "Status" column, then it is removed, but if I close that folder and go back to the same folder the Status column returns. Basic Microsoft coding error in Windows. Pretty basic stuff Mircosoft. Fix it. (All Windows 11 updates are current on my PC.)
Hi Jeffrey, glad to help!