Windows 11 - how do I set default view for details (other thread solutions don't work or Windows 11)

Anonymous
2023-03-19T14:30:57+00:00

Every time I select the details view in a folder, I have to re-select what details I want (file type, length, etc) to the same thing. I have read many threads, but they seem to not be for Windows 11. There is no "Organize" option that I can see.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer recommended by moderator
Anonymous
2024-10-24T15:56:31+00:00

This:

https://lesferch.github.io/WinSetView/

Brilliant, Absolutely Brilliant! Thank you so much for the time to create this and then to share it. Just the thing for doing what Windows should be doing!

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Les Ferch 10,361 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-04T01:58:24+00:00

    doesnt work. the "apply to folders" button is blocked.

    The "Apply to Folders" button is not available for some folder types, such as Libraries and Search results. Explorer only lets you set those views manually as you go.

    However, if you do want more control over the default views, you can use my free WinSetView tool to set the defaults for all folder types and and all file open/save dialogs. It works by setting registry values that Explorer already supports. There are no tasks or services or patching involved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Les Ferch 10,361 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-24T19:19:39+00:00

    You're very welcome. 🙂

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-28T23:07:04+00:00

    Thank you! This issue has bugged me for years!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments