Windows 11 - how do I set default view for details (other thread solutions don't work or Windows 11)

Anonymous
2023-03-19T14:30:57+00:00

Every time I select the details view in a folder, I have to re-select what details I want (file type, length, etc) to the same thing. I have read many threads, but they seem to not be for Windows 11. There is no "Organize" option that I can see.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer recommended by moderator
Anonymous
2024-10-24T15:56:31+00:00

This:

https://lesferch.github.io/WinSetView/

Brilliant, Absolutely Brilliant! Thank you so much for the time to create this and then to share it. Just the thing for doing what Windows should be doing!

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-05T16:33:16+00:00

    Thank you! Very helpful information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Les Ferch 10,361 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-05-03T00:52:08+00:00

    Incredible! I am extremely less frustrated with my PC now. Thanks much

    πŸ‘πŸ™‚ You're welcome!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments