Math applications not running in Windows 11

Anonymous
2023-03-19T11:06:58+00:00

Greetings,

I am having a tedious issue with a couple of Math applications on a brand-new Windows 11 desktop. Microsoft Mathematics and MaThType 6.9d show the splash screen but then nothing happens: they do not show up. Net Framework 3.5 is turned on and Windows update does not show anything left to install. Here are the device and Windows specifications.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-9100F CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
OS build 22000.1696
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1696.0

On other PCs - both Windows 11 and Windows 10 - I do not have this issue. Because it affects two Math applications, I guess it must be related to a common cause. But what could it be? I'm really stuck if I cannot use them, in particular mathtype.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-20T11:52:00+00:00

    The following is the only entry I do not see on my WinDbg screen:

    *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_64\System.Windows.Forms\e80d24a2fcf8e186a8f68dd320a839a1\System.Windows.Forms.ni.dll
    

    To check its integrity manually, run the following in Command Prompt:

    certutil -hashfile "C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_64\System.Windows.Forms\e80d24a2fcf8e186a8f68dd320a839a1\System.Windows.Forms.ni.dll" SHA256
    

    The following is the SHA256 I get when I run the above command:

    56632f523cd55e4c42c5ade16d74af4e3f6eb5c1aeca35bcadc92e69364b59e8

    Here is what I get

    SHA256 hash of C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_64\System.Windows.Forms\e80d24a2fcf8e186a8f68dd320a839a1\System.Windows.Forms.ni.dll:a43f2f531cbb270cfb2b012f1110ec1108030c982fd9067bebcade5245e56e0c
    CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-20T11:56:04+00:00

    I have four occurrences of this dll (of which one is dll.aux). See screenshots below. How to get the detailed info in your post ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-20T11:58:27+00:00

    I've uploaded mine here. You may try WinDbg again after replacing it.

    (Interestingly, the Math app runs fine here even if I deleted that DLL. Maybe it's cached somewhere, didn't try rebooting though.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-20T12:05:11+00:00

    Ditto here. I have three versions. But I uploaded the one which the Math app loads. To get detailed info, I used Sigcheck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-20T13:27:04+00:00

    I have renamed the three occurrences of the .dll to .dll.bak and pasted yours in the three folders.

    The log of Procmon is here (in case you need it) https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgBRQ6GYkPGlgySSzLJF-BuvOsx_?e=upSEaN The log of the WinDbg for is below. https://1drv.ms/t/s!AgBRQ6GYkPGlgymEjvGTe8daM-gW?e=G4Necm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments