Math applications not running in Windows 11

Anonymous
2023-03-19T11:06:58+00:00

Greetings,

I am having a tedious issue with a couple of Math applications on a brand-new Windows 11 desktop. Microsoft Mathematics and MaThType 6.9d show the splash screen but then nothing happens: they do not show up. Net Framework 3.5 is turned on and Windows update does not show anything left to install. Here are the device and Windows specifications.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-9100F CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
OS build 22000.1696
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1696.0

On other PCs - both Windows 11 and Windows 10 - I do not have this issue. Because it affects two Math applications, I guess it must be related to a common cause. But what could it be? I'm really stuck if I cannot use them, in particular mathtype.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-19T16:27:20+00:00

    If you had used the TPM bypass method to install 21H2 those methods don't work now. However, you can download the ISO using Rufus after configuring the (new bypass methods) Rufus settings as in this screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/s4P2SyB and run setup.exe from that ISO.

    Before doing so, please start Windows in Safe mode (How-To: Start your PC in safe mode) and see if the MS Mathematics app works in Safe mode (where the Microsoft basic display drivers are loaded instead of NVIDIA's). If the app works in safe mode but not in normal mode, the culprit might be your NVIDIA drivers or the settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-19T16:29:29+00:00

    Actually, it does not burn an image. It works with double-click but not with right click -> Mount. No idea why.

    I have enabled TPM is the Bios. I'm going to try the update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-19T17:47:04+00:00

    Succesfully upgraded to 22H2

    Edition Windows 11 Pro
    Version 22H2
    Installed on ‎19/‎03/‎2023
    OS build 22621.1413
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0

    NVIDIA drivers are up-to-date (says Geoforce panel). I'm going to try the safe mode boot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-19T18:11:14+00:00

    Safe boot didn't help. Same issue. I see the splash screen but the software doesn't fire up. I'm clueless....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-19T18:16:40+00:00

    Will let you know after comparing the traces, but might take a while. I might also download and test "MathType 6.9d" to see if there are some common components between both programs.

    If possible, run a fresh trace for MS Math or "MathType 6.9d" and upload the zipped PML, as you've now upgraded to 22H2. Is this download link for MathType good?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments