Math applications not running in Windows 11

Anonymous
2023-03-19T11:06:58+00:00

Greetings,

I am having a tedious issue with a couple of Math applications on a brand-new Windows 11 desktop. Microsoft Mathematics and MaThType 6.9d show the splash screen but then nothing happens: they do not show up. Net Framework 3.5 is turned on and Windows update does not show anything left to install. Here are the device and Windows specifications.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-9100F CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
OS build 22000.1696
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1696.0

On other PCs - both Windows 11 and Windows 10 - I do not have this issue. Because it affects two Math applications, I guess it must be related to a common cause. But what could it be? I'm really stuck if I cannot use them, in particular mathtype.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-20T15:44:26+00:00

    Importing the REG file did not change anything.

    I have dowloaded and installed the x86 version. The Program Compatiblity Assistant Service was on automatic. I changed to Manual, as suggested. It was already running.

    In the Properties of MathAppx86 I have checked and Compatibility Mode box and chosen Windows 7

    No improvement. I see the splashscreen for a while. And then it quits. This time a Troubleshoort fires up, suggesting me to "Test the program..." I chose that option but nothing happened. After clickng on "Next" it saved some settings, saying "Incompatible Program Fixed". No change, same behaviour.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments