Hi Mahlerite,
Do you have a downloadable link for Microsoft Mathematics?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Greetings,
I am having a tedious issue with a couple of Math applications on a brand-new Windows 11 desktop. Microsoft Mathematics and MaThType 6.9d show the splash screen but then nothing happens: they do not show up. Net Framework 3.5 is turned on and Windows update does not show anything left to install. Here are the device and Windows specifications.
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-9100F CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
OS build 22000.1696
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1696.0
On other PCs - both Windows 11 and Windows 10 - I do not have this issue. Because it affects two Math applications, I guess it must be related to a common cause. But what could it be? I'm really stuck if I cannot use them, in particular mathtype.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Mahlerite,
Do you have a downloadable link for Microsoft Mathematics?
The software works fine here on Windows 11 22H2. Try uninstalling and reinstalling .NET Framework via OptionalFeatures.exe. If that doesn't help, upload a trace log using the these steps:
Uninstalling and reinstalling .NET framework 3.5 did not change anything.
I tried to upload the zipped capture.pml but OneDrive says it needs time to de-freeze the files - I do not remember having ever used OneDrive before. It may take as long as 24 hours (!!), it says.
To avoid being blocked, I have uploaded it to an external file sharing service - you can get it here
Linnk removed
The download expires after 20 downloaded or 5 days.
Thank you again for your help!
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more