Math applications not running in Windows 11

Anonymous
2023-03-19T11:06:58+00:00

Greetings,

I am having a tedious issue with a couple of Math applications on a brand-new Windows 11 desktop. Microsoft Mathematics and MaThType 6.9d show the splash screen but then nothing happens: they do not show up. Net Framework 3.5 is turned on and Windows update does not show anything left to install. Here are the device and Windows specifications.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-9100F CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
OS build 22000.1696
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1696.0

On other PCs - both Windows 11 and Windows 10 - I do not have this issue. Because it affects two Math applications, I guess it must be related to a common cause. But what could it be? I'm really stuck if I cannot use them, in particular mathtype.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-19T16:27:20+00:00

    If you had used the TPM bypass method to install 21H2 those methods don't work now. However, you can download the ISO using Rufus after configuring the (new bypass methods) Rufus settings as in this screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/s4P2SyB and run setup.exe from that ISO.

    Before doing so, please start Windows in Safe mode (How-To: Start your PC in safe mode) and see if the MS Mathematics app works in Safe mode (where the Microsoft basic display drivers are loaded instead of NVIDIA's). If the app works in safe mode but not in normal mode, the culprit might be your NVIDIA drivers or the settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-19T16:11:31+00:00

    I'm stuck. It says I do not have TPM 2.0. I do not know how to proceed....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-19T16:08:46+00:00

    Ok. But you could just mount the ISO by right-clicking on the file and choosing "Mount".

    It will be assigned a drive letter,

    Simply run setup.exe from the mounted ISO drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-19T16:06:20+00:00

    The burn image may have worked now. I'll report the result.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-19T16:01:19+00:00

    Image

    The Open button - see screenshot - does not work. Same result if I try to burn a disc image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments