my computer does not have a restore point. What should I so then?
No audio after latest windows update. How to fix?
The update is "2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5023706)" and after I downloaded this update all my audio stopped functioning. Headset, monitor, everything. I have tried so many online suggestions including updating drivers, messing around with settings as per fix tutorial, ran a virus scan just in case but still nothing. Interestingly I found that the NVIDIA audio thing says disconnected. Not sure if that was like that before the update but I doubt it. Again, I tried various fixes including drivers, etc. Did anyone else have this problem and know a fix that actually works cause I am done wasting time on this frankly stupid and irritating problem.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-09-11T21:19:44+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-10-09T11:24:23+00:00 System restore worked for me - volume was completely restored. Problem is, immediately after the system restore, Windows is now bugging me to shut down and install updates. Naturally I'm worried the sound driver will disappear again after the update so I'm putting it off. Eventually though I'm going to have to switch off my laptop!
-
Anonymous
2024-10-09T14:58:04+00:00 This has absolutely nothing to do with my comment or question. I am looking to renew my subscription solely complimentary because i inadvertently let it lapse by a few months.
-
Anonymous
2024-10-10T08:08:01+00:00 I wasn't responding to you but to the OP and subsequent posts suggesting system restore as a possible fix to the no audio problem after a windows update. Thought that was pretty obvious.
-
Anonymous
2024-10-10T20:41:05+00:00 Not one of these responses has to do with my question or concern. I am looking to renew my subscription solely complimentary because I inadvertently let it lapse by a few months.