No audio after latest windows update. How to fix?

Anonymous
2023-03-16T15:16:25+00:00

The update is "2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5023706)" and after I downloaded this update all my audio stopped functioning. Headset, monitor, everything. I have tried so many online suggestions including updating drivers, messing around with settings as per fix tutorial, ran a virus scan just in case but still nothing. Interestingly I found that the NVIDIA audio thing says disconnected. Not sure if that was like that before the update but I doubt it. Again, I tried various fixes including drivers, etc. Did anyone else have this problem and know a fix that actually works cause I am done wasting time on this frankly stupid and irritating problem.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-30T22:39:59+00:00

    same problem here

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-30T23:05:21+00:00

    I have no idea what the BIOS is even to turn it back on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-01T19:59:25+00:00

    I had the issue after the Dec 2024 update. Spoke with MS Support who assured me the issue was resolved, though they thought I had too many drivers (nothing added, Dell XPS 14). After the latest BIOS updates, one critical and not flagged as critical, it seems that the audio is working, but I'll only know what I am on a Zoom or MS Teams call.

    The issue I could see was that Win 11 lost the audio (message - no audio installed, or audio not found no longer appearing after last BIOS update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-25T18:03:42+00:00

    After the 'big' Win 11 update I lost audio and had repetitive, brief black screens lasting a second or so, then normal screen again.

    I tried restarting, disconnecting all perif's, starting then reconnecting; reconnecting them while still off then starting. I went to manufacturer's sites and got their drivers for my Dell tower. Still no audio; still black screens.

    This is not a driver problem it is a software problem in the update.

    I've now reverted to prior o/s version.

    My suggestion is that if you are having the black screen and/or audio problems, don't waste your time re-starting, chasing 'correct' drivers, etc. That isn't the problem - the problem is within the update itself. Go back to your prior setting using 'restore'.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments