No audio after latest windows update. How to fix?

Anonymous
2023-03-16T15:16:25+00:00

The update is "2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5023706)" and after I downloaded this update all my audio stopped functioning. Headset, monitor, everything. I have tried so many online suggestions including updating drivers, messing around with settings as per fix tutorial, ran a virus scan just in case but still nothing. Interestingly I found that the NVIDIA audio thing says disconnected. Not sure if that was like that before the update but I doubt it. Again, I tried various fixes including drivers, etc. Did anyone else have this problem and know a fix that actually works cause I am done wasting time on this frankly stupid and irritating problem.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-16T15:57:34+00:00

    Hi DistApsis,

    I'm Paul and I'm here to help you with your concern.

    Since the issue happened after an update, I will first suggest that you use System Restore to restore your Windows to the point before the issue persists.

    To open System Restore, Press Windows Key + R > Type and enter: rstrui.exe.

    I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-16T16:22:21+00:00

    Hi Paul,

    Since then I have discovered that I can make the audio come out of my monitor after some configuration but not my headset, which leads me to believe that it may be an issue with my headset and not the pc itself. However, I would appreciate further guidance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-17T15:15:20+00:00

    Hi,

    I suggest that you try the headset with another device to confirm that it already faulty or try a different headset with your PC.

    Let me know how it goes.
    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-09T15:25:03+00:00

    It happened to me also, i did system restore and the audio worked. Then i did the system update after it became obligatory, then i had the issue again.

    I need help and suggestions to solve this problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more