No audio after latest windows update. How to fix?

Anonymous
2023-03-16T15:16:25+00:00

The update is "2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5023706)" and after I downloaded this update all my audio stopped functioning. Headset, monitor, everything. I have tried so many online suggestions including updating drivers, messing around with settings as per fix tutorial, ran a virus scan just in case but still nothing. Interestingly I found that the NVIDIA audio thing says disconnected. Not sure if that was like that before the update but I doubt it. Again, I tried various fixes including drivers, etc. Did anyone else have this problem and know a fix that actually works cause I am done wasting time on this frankly stupid and irritating problem.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-20T20:18:59+00:00

    I have the same problem only with a windows 10 computer. can you help please?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T15:55:06+00:00

    i still have no audio and i dont have an headset.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-27T11:01:03+00:00

    My audio issue got fixed a few months ago. That's after waiting for almost a year to see if the driver issue was resolved by Realtek - the Realtek audio effects component that upgraded December 2023 did not cause any audio issues anymore.

    My system is setup now as follows:

    • Not get driver updates from Microsoft, as it sometimes downgrades the upgraded drivers via Group Policy.
    • Downloading driver updates via Driver Easy
    • Windows Updates are for Security and features updates.

    As to why it took Realtek that long to provide a driver update, I have no clues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-27T10:37:50+00:00

    Having the same issue right now

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-06T17:38:37+00:00

    Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit & Windows 11* for Intel® NUC 11 Enthusiast Kit & Mini PC - NUC11PHKi7

    download the above driver and install the setup application.

    After an update I lost audio. I'm not very computer savvy. I tried Windows update with no change.

    On the lower right hand side there was a little X next to the speaker and if I put the cursor over it it said no audio drivers installed. I used the link above. The update gave a message that it was updating a graphic driver. There was a whole list of all the drivers installed and it showed three audio. After installing the driver update and restarting the computer I have audio again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments