I have had the same exact issue. I have had two people work on it from Microsoft and one canceled my security program in order for it to work and never put it back. Now I have no sound and no security program. We got disconnected before I could ask her any questions. I have no idea what to do now.
No audio after latest windows update. How to fix?
The update is "2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5023706)" and after I downloaded this update all my audio stopped functioning. Headset, monitor, everything. I have tried so many online suggestions including updating drivers, messing around with settings as per fix tutorial, ran a virus scan just in case but still nothing. Interestingly I found that the NVIDIA audio thing says disconnected. Not sure if that was like that before the update but I doubt it. Again, I tried various fixes including drivers, etc. Did anyone else have this problem and know a fix that actually works cause I am done wasting time on this frankly stupid and irritating problem.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2024-08-30T15:34:50+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-03-27T11:01:03+00:00 My audio issue got fixed a few months ago. That's after waiting for almost a year to see if the driver issue was resolved by Realtek - the Realtek audio effects component that upgraded December 2023 did not cause any audio issues anymore.
My system is setup now as follows:
- Not get driver updates from Microsoft, as it sometimes downgrades the upgraded drivers via Group Policy.
- Downloading driver updates via Driver Easy
- Windows Updates are for Security and features updates.
As to why it took Realtek that long to provide a driver update, I have no clues.
-
Anonymous
2023-12-03T20:22:51+00:00 download the above driver and install the setup application.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more