I am losing the will to live after trying to get my monitor audio to work again after an update yesterday morning! (13/11/2024) I tried the 'fix' listed above, but without more instructions I am lost. If it wasn't only a couple of months old, I'd chuck it out of the window! Why on earth do Microsoft not make sure their updates don't screw up peoples computers!
No audio after latest windows update. How to fix?
The update is "2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5023706)" and after I downloaded this update all my audio stopped functioning. Headset, monitor, everything. I have tried so many online suggestions including updating drivers, messing around with settings as per fix tutorial, ran a virus scan just in case but still nothing. Interestingly I found that the NVIDIA audio thing says disconnected. Not sure if that was like that before the update but I doubt it. Again, I tried various fixes including drivers, etc. Did anyone else have this problem and know a fix that actually works cause I am done wasting time on this frankly stupid and irritating problem.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-11-14T21:28:55+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-02-06T17:38:37+00:00 download the above driver and install the setup application.
After an update I lost audio. I'm not very computer savvy. I tried Windows update with no change.
On the lower right hand side there was a little X next to the speaker and if I put the cursor over it it said no audio drivers installed. I used the link above. The update gave a message that it was updating a graphic driver. There was a whole list of all the drivers installed and it showed three audio. After installing the driver update and restarting the computer I have audio again!
-
Anonymous
2023-04-12T23:08:49+00:00 I am having the exact same problem. Along with what the people above tried, I also tried deleting lower and upper filters, deleting driver and reinstalling it, advanced startup with option 7 to disable driver signature enforcement, and resetting my windows. Nothing works. What else can I try?
-
Anonymous
2023-03-16T16:22:21+00:00 Hi Paul,
Since then I have discovered that I can make the audio come out of my monitor after some configuration but not my headset, which leads me to believe that it may be an issue with my headset and not the pc itself. However, I would appreciate further guidance.
-
Anonymous
2023-03-16T15:57:34+00:00 Hi DistApsis,
I'm Paul and I'm here to help you with your concern.
Since the issue happened after an update, I will first suggest that you use System Restore to restore your Windows to the point before the issue persists.
To open System Restore, Press Windows Key + R > Type and enter: rstrui.exe.
I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.