Thank you. Fingers crossed!
BSOD errors after upgrading CPU and RAM?
So I upgraded my CPU and RAM last month, and after a week or so I started getting random bluescreens. It started with one random bsod when shutting down my pc (though it happened too quick for me to note the error codes, on Feb 20th), then my pc was fine for a while. About 1 week later, my pc would randomly shut down and give the 'paged fault in nonpaged area' bsod - once while idly on desktop, and once while playing Apex Legends (both on March 1st, and once more on the 2nd). I googled and ran WMDT which flagged a hardware error, so I replaced all my ram (4x8gb), which seemed to fix the WMDT errors and everything was fine for the past two weeks. Last night however, I had the familiar blue screen when I went to shutdown, idk if its the same error as that first time, but I did note down the code this time:
FAST_ERESOURCE_PRECONDITION_VIOLATION
My hope is that its just a software error, but I'm naturally quite worried it could be a CPU or motherboard issue, and the CPU is dangerously close to the end of the refund window...
The only changes I made for my new components was to update the bios to latest version, turned on XMP for the ram, and updated chipset drivers.
I managed to find the .dmp files for each of the crashes, though the info given by WinDbg is completely alien to me, so I have no idea what I'm looking at.
This link has all of the .dmp files for the BSOD crashes I've had, only the most recent one (031523-15546-01.dmp) is from after RAM replacement:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlowieh6anh4m5z/CRASHES%20-%20Copy.zip?dl=0
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2023-03-16T18:47:14+00:00 -
DaveM121 935.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-03-16T18:45:51+00:00 Hi Emma, glad to help, I will be here.
-
Anonymous
2023-03-16T18:44:52+00:00 Looks like I've got lots of note taking to do then :'). Okay so I will order an SSD, backup everything I can to it, note all my program settings, then reinstall windows...
Hopefully I won't forget anything...
If I try and still have issues after fresh windows instal, is it better to make a new thread with the same question or just ping this one again?
-
DaveM121 935.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-03-16T18:37:23+00:00 Hi Emma,
No, I am sorry, there is no method to backup you software and software settings.