I do still have the USB yes, do I save the .iso file to it? UDPATE: randomly right-clicking on the usb drive from file explorer has caused my first freeze - file explorer froze for a few seconds, with the loading circle cursor
BSOD errors after upgrading CPU and RAM?
So I upgraded my CPU and RAM last month, and after a week or so I started getting random bluescreens. It started with one random bsod when shutting down my pc (though it happened too quick for me to note the error codes, on Feb 20th), then my pc was fine for a while. About 1 week later, my pc would randomly shut down and give the 'paged fault in nonpaged area' bsod - once while idly on desktop, and once while playing Apex Legends (both on March 1st, and once more on the 2nd). I googled and ran WMDT which flagged a hardware error, so I replaced all my ram (4x8gb), which seemed to fix the WMDT errors and everything was fine for the past two weeks. Last night however, I had the familiar blue screen when I went to shutdown, idk if its the same error as that first time, but I did note down the code this time:
FAST_ERESOURCE_PRECONDITION_VIOLATION
My hope is that its just a software error, but I'm naturally quite worried it could be a CPU or motherboard issue, and the CPU is dangerously close to the end of the refund window...
The only changes I made for my new components was to update the bios to latest version, turned on XMP for the ram, and updated chipset drivers.
I managed to find the .dmp files for each of the crashes, though the info given by WinDbg is completely alien to me, so I have no idea what I'm looking at.
This link has all of the .dmp files for the BSOD crashes I've had, only the most recent one (031523-15546-01.dmp) is from after RAM replacement:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlowieh6anh4m5z/CRASHES%20-%20Copy.zip?dl=0
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-03-18T11:22:15+00:00 -
DaveM121 935.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-03-18T11:12:03+00:00 Hi Emma,
Do you still have your bootable USB, if you do, perform an in-place repair with it.?
If this does not solve the problems, then most likely, you do have a hardware issue.
Please follow the steps, this is then just an update and your files and applications will remain untouched.
Click this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), then choose ISO, not USB
When the ISO file completes downloading
Disconnect from the Internet
Disconnect all external devices with the exception of a mouse or keyboard.
Temporarily disable any 3rd party Anti-virus you may have installed
Then, in Windows File Explorer, double click the ISO and then run Setup.exe and select the upgrade option.
-
Anonymous
2023-03-18T11:09:32+00:00 Alright, in that case how might I go about ensuring windows is installed correctly/fix the corruption? I'm not currently seeing any issues so I could try adding more programs again and see if the issue shows up?
-
DaveM121 935.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-03-18T11:05:06+00:00 Hi Emma,
Thank you for the screenshot, I do not see any indication of a hardware issue.
it is possible there is a hardware problem, but your description of the latest problems just indicate Windows is corrupt or not installed correctly.