Ive restarted a *lot* today and this only started happening once i plugged in that USB though? My graphics card drivers are up to date.
BSOD errors after upgrading CPU and RAM?
So I upgraded my CPU and RAM last month, and after a week or so I started getting random bluescreens. It started with one random bsod when shutting down my pc (though it happened too quick for me to note the error codes, on Feb 20th), then my pc was fine for a while. About 1 week later, my pc would randomly shut down and give the 'paged fault in nonpaged area' bsod - once while idly on desktop, and once while playing Apex Legends (both on March 1st, and once more on the 2nd). I googled and ran WMDT which flagged a hardware error, so I replaced all my ram (4x8gb), which seemed to fix the WMDT errors and everything was fine for the past two weeks. Last night however, I had the familiar blue screen when I went to shutdown, idk if its the same error as that first time, but I did note down the code this time:
FAST_ERESOURCE_PRECONDITION_VIOLATION
My hope is that its just a software error, but I'm naturally quite worried it could be a CPU or motherboard issue, and the CPU is dangerously close to the end of the refund window...
The only changes I made for my new components was to update the bios to latest version, turned on XMP for the ram, and updated chipset drivers.
I managed to find the .dmp files for each of the crashes, though the info given by WinDbg is completely alien to me, so I have no idea what I'm looking at.
This link has all of the .dmp files for the BSOD crashes I've had, only the most recent one (031523-15546-01.dmp) is from after RAM replacement:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlowieh6anh4m5z/CRASHES%20-%20Copy.zip?dl=0
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-03-18T14:51:03+00:00 -
DaveM121 935.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-03-18T14:42:38+00:00 Hi Emma.
Sounds like your graphics card drivers is the cause of that, download and install the version provided on the support page for your PC on the manufacturers website.
-
Anonymous
2023-03-18T14:37:53+00:00 Alright latest update - for some reason, plugging in a USB mic into the usb 3.2 gen 1 type-a port next to the motherboard HDMI port resets my monitor display resolution (from 240hz to 60hz) and causes the bios startup logo screen to stretch to fit my secondary monitor, at a lower resolution? Removing that USB and restarting also causes the refresh rate to reset. It's the USB port directly above the HDMI in this image
-
DaveM121 935.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-03-18T12:22:57+00:00 Hi Emma. okay I will be here.
-
Anonymous
2023-03-18T12:02:24+00:00 Alright installed now, no immediate difference. Right clicking on the boot drive usb still causes a hang, though for all I know it could just be because its an old stick... I might be jumping at every little hitch unnecessarily at this point. Will have to wait and see if the taskbar issues occur again, I will start installing stuff and update you.