Hi Emma. okay, I am glad you seem to have found the problem.
BSOD errors after upgrading CPU and RAM?
So I upgraded my CPU and RAM last month, and after a week or so I started getting random bluescreens. It started with one random bsod when shutting down my pc (though it happened too quick for me to note the error codes, on Feb 20th), then my pc was fine for a while. About 1 week later, my pc would randomly shut down and give the 'paged fault in nonpaged area' bsod - once while idly on desktop, and once while playing Apex Legends (both on March 1st, and once more on the 2nd). I googled and ran WMDT which flagged a hardware error, so I replaced all my ram (4x8gb), which seemed to fix the WMDT errors and everything was fine for the past two weeks. Last night however, I had the familiar blue screen when I went to shutdown, idk if its the same error as that first time, but I did note down the code this time:
FAST_ERESOURCE_PRECONDITION_VIOLATION
My hope is that its just a software error, but I'm naturally quite worried it could be a CPU or motherboard issue, and the CPU is dangerously close to the end of the refund window...
The only changes I made for my new components was to update the bios to latest version, turned on XMP for the ram, and updated chipset drivers.
I managed to find the .dmp files for each of the crashes, though the info given by WinDbg is completely alien to me, so I have no idea what I'm looking at.
This link has all of the .dmp files for the BSOD crashes I've had, only the most recent one (031523-15546-01.dmp) is from after RAM replacement:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlowieh6anh4m5z/CRASHES%20-%20Copy.zip?dl=0
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-03-18T15:22:55+00:00 Switching my display port cables around seems to have fixed the changing framerate… im going to keep an eye on it, i think ive been using the cables in the wrong order, on the wrong ports… no idea if that should be affecting amyhting other than what screen bios appears on…
-
DaveM121 935.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-03-18T15:05:08+00:00 Hi Emma.
I think therefore you do have a hardware issue on your system...
-
Anonymous
2023-03-18T15:00:06+00:00 Yep, that was pretty much the first thing i did lol
-
DaveM121 935.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-03-18T14:54:57+00:00 Hi Emma.
Have you installed the recommended chipset drivers for your motherboard?