Win 10 Pro 22H2, Ethernet upload speed slow, Wireless and Ethernet in safe mode just fine

Anonymous
2023-02-03T04:01:46+00:00

My Win 10 machine has upload speeds under 1Mbps when using an Ethernet connection. Wireless upload speed is 15-20Mbps. Safe mode Etnernet connection is also 15-20Mbps. Here's what I've tried:

Any other ideas?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-11T11:32:02+00:00

    Wow - fixed me too. Never thought of checking that the wifi worked but the PC didn't!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-12T02:40:31+00:00

    Surprised I figured it out. My PC (Dell) uses the Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller. Turning off the Killer Prioritization Engine fixed this problem.

    I had to do the same till I got this latest version of the killer Performance Suite which seems to not affect my E2400 ethernet anymore.

    My Upload speed is now the one promised by my provider without disabling the Prioritization Engine. 👍

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-12T11:39:41+00:00

    Your solution worked! I turned off the Killer Prioritization Engine (in Killer Intelligence Centre) and my upload speed went back up to normal high speed.

    Many thanks.

    DELL XPS 8930

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-27T17:48:48+00:00

    I have the same issue. Tried everything .thanks ,life saved

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-27T22:25:47+00:00

    I have the same issue. Tried everything .thanks ,life saved

    Glad this worked for you! The Killer software eventually came back on my PC. Solved that by telling the Killer* services to only start manually, so they never do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments