Win 10 Pro 22H2, Ethernet upload speed slow, Wireless and Ethernet in safe mode just fine

Anonymous
2023-02-03T04:01:46+00:00

My Win 10 machine has upload speeds under 1Mbps when using an Ethernet connection. Wireless upload speed is 15-20Mbps. Safe mode Etnernet connection is also 15-20Mbps. Here's what I've tried:

Any other ideas?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-20T15:57:32+00:00

    How do I turn off the Prioritization Engine permanently? It keeps turning itself back on! Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-20T15:58:33+00:00

    How do I turn off the Prioritization Engine permanently? It keeps turning itself back on! Thanks!

    Never mind - just saw your most recent reply!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-22T17:27:40+00:00

    Hmm... I thought I had fixed this with the Major Geeks uninstaller but today I noticed the Killer software was back!

    With the Major Geeks uninstaller, I use the first two buttons to Scan and Remove the Killer software. Then when I click on the Disable button, I get a message that says "---Disabling Killer Software (Service and KCC)---" and that's all that ever happens. Does that mean it's not finishing that process?

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-02T13:15:15+00:00

    Had similar experience with the software activated again after using the majorgeeks tool. So this was useless.

    What I found to work so far was keeping the software installed, and turning the Perioritization Engine off, and also disabling Auto Bandwidth. This will prompt for setting a bandwidth. Set the up and down speeds to something like 1500 MB.

    This I found on the Dell website at this link: https: //www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000135709/slow-internet-speed-using-killer-ethernet-adapters

    I do have XPS 8930 and this did the trick for me . I hope this works for other models or brands.

    So far this solution has worked. I have turned the PC on and off for several weeks and the UP and DN speeds are normal at the ISP nominal rates, and those settings at the Killer software have stayed the same.

    Cheers.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-02T15:21:51+00:00

    Thanks, Mac! Prior to getting your reply, I disabled the three Large Send Offload properties for Killer in Device Manager. That seems to be doing the job for me, but if I have the issue again, I'll definitely give your approach a try!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments