Win 10 Pro 22H2, Ethernet upload speed slow, Wireless and Ethernet in safe mode just fine

Anonymous
2023-02-03T04:01:46+00:00

My Win 10 machine has upload speeds under 1Mbps when using an Ethernet connection. Wireless upload speed is 15-20Mbps. Safe mode Etnernet connection is also 15-20Mbps. Here's what I've tried:

Any other ideas?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-06T18:46:51+00:00

    I downloaded the most recent (as of 3/5/23) Killer drivers Killer-PCIe-Ethernet-Controller-Driver_RWTJJ_WIN_33.22.1182_A50.exe and when I ran it I got 3 choices: modify, repair, remove. I chose the remove and after it finished there was a restart and voila DL and UL speeds were at or above my ISP plan! Yay. The driver was 9.0.0.50 and there was no Killer Performance software. I did set a restore point.

    The Remove option worked for me, after trying for months and getting advice elsewhere.

    Was getting 300 down, 2 up for months; now I'm back up to 307.89 down, 236.01 up.

    One thing to note: after I chose the remove option and ran the installation routine, I did get an error prompt saying it had NOT completed correctly. That concerned me, but I decided to just reboot anyway.

    Thanks so much StephenRudolph!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-26T10:56:12+00:00

    I have been wrestling with this issue for months! My upload speed (FTTP) on ethernet was a glacial 0.2Mb (>32Mb on WiFi).

    Simply turning the Killer prioritisation Engine slider to 'Off' gave me my 149Mb download speed back!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-24T20:55:38+00:00

    Has anybody had luck with uninstalling the Killer software and having your upload speed not decrease? When I uninstall it, my upload speed drops to less than 1Mb.

    Hi, I just had the same upload speed problem, under 1Mb. Has the internet provider here most of the day only to find out at the end that the problem wasn't on the wireless internet connection which is a qualcomm adaptor. So the problem became definitely on Killer ethernet adaptor only. I did install the Killer Intelligence Center ,as it is called now, from intel. The file name is "KillerPerformanceSuite_34.22.1163_Win10-11x64.exe" to install it. I disabled the prioritization engine and ran the speed test and immediately the speed was back to my normal ISP provided speed.

    I looked into my Installed programs in the control panel and saw this " Killer Ethernet Performance Driver Suite UWD" Publisher " Rivet Networks" Installed on 2/6/2023, version 3.22.1182. I believe this is what may have caused the slow speed problem as it surfaced only recently.

    I'm not sure what initiated this installation, a Windows update or a Dell update. I will not uninstall this to confirm that it is the culprit until I know how to get it to install it again. I try to stay without those updated as long as I can as they are really full of bugs, specially most products from Intel recently.

    For now the speed seems to work.

    MidwestSteve, I am not sure which Killer software you tried to uninstall? The one under programs in windows, or the Killer Intelligence center where the prioritization engine is accessible?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-19T22:05:53+00:00

    Has anybody had luck with uninstalling the Killer software and having your upload speed not decrease? When I uninstall it, my upload speed drops to less than 1Mb.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-13T18:34:42+00:00

    Intel drivers are bugged out ...

    Go to your Killer app panel : disable the prioritization engine feature, switch it off and retest you'll see ...

    On my computer the features is useless since 6 months ago i think it is a bug ...

    or it is a feature : old drivers at launch were perfectly fined ...

    Intel(inside) ...
    You are welcome ...

    Iam not a MVT professional, just a hacker who knows IT ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments