Win 10 Pro 22H2, Ethernet upload speed slow, Wireless and Ethernet in safe mode just fine

Anonymous
2023-02-03T04:01:46+00:00

My Win 10 machine has upload speeds under 1Mbps when using an Ethernet connection. Wireless upload speed is 15-20Mbps. Safe mode Etnernet connection is also 15-20Mbps. Here's what I've tried:

Any other ideas?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-04T14:49:04+00:00

    Perfeito, foi o que solucionou no meu.

    Você precisa abri o programa Killer Intelligence Center, via clicar na aba Prioritization Engine - Mais embaixo vai clicar na seta para a direita, onde tem Configurações atuais de largura AutoBanda - e por ultimo desabilitar o Killer Prioritization Engine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-01T03:56:22+00:00

    I downloaded the most recent (as of 3/5/23) Killer drivers Killer-PCIe-Ethernet-Controller-Driver_RWTJJ_WIN_33.22.1182_A50.exe and when I ran it I got 3 choices: modify, repair, remove. I chose the remove and after it finished there was a restart and voila DL and UL speeds were at or above my ISP plan! Yay. The driver was 9.0.0.50 and there was no Killer Performance software. I did set a restore point.

    For grins, I did some more research and somewhere along the line I saw Intel (the new owners of Rivet Killer) articles about the MS Store as a source of drivers and also how to prevent it from updating Killer from the Store. I didn't follow up on those leads. I then ran the Dell download again and let it fully install Killer driver and software. The driver stayed the same but the Killer Performance software was now re-installed. And guess whose UL speeds were less than 1.0 mbps again! I used the right click uninstall the software but it did nothing for the speed problem. I suspect the original problem settings of the software were left behind somewhere and the uninstall was far short of a cleaning.

    I re-ran the Dell download as before, did a removal and everything was once again running at top speeds. At no time in all of this did I try the settings for Killer Prioritization Engine or anything else. The Killer Performance software is less than intuitive to say the least. I never found/read a user guide. Maybe if Killer "comes back" I will pursue that angle.

    Meanwhile I would be also interested to know if there are other network adapter drivers "out there" that would work without the useless bells and whistles of the (ahem) performance software.

    Regards to All

    You should file feedback to Intel since they now own Rivet Network. The Killer performance suite that gets downloaded is no longer compatible with the old Ethernet E2400 adapter it is meant for the Wi-Fi AX1650 and the newer Ethernet E2600.

    When you have the older Ethernet E2400 it ends up adding this bug for the upload speed.

    Image

    To avoid the problem with the E2400 Ethernet, I had to take the 3 actions below.

    1. I turned off Killer Prioritization Engine
    2. I prevent the Killer performance suite from starting by turning it off in the Apps > Startup
    3. I disable the Killer Network Service

    Clearly this is not necessary if you use Wi-Fi instead of the E2400 Ethernet.

    1)

    Image

    2)

    Image

    3)

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-30T20:02:19+00:00

    THANK YOU for pointing me in the right direction! I uninstalled the Killer drivers and software. My UL speed went from 1 to 300, but now DL went from 900 to 300. Seems damned if I do and damned in I don't!

    I also had to stop this Killer Network Service and change it from Automatic to Disabled so that it would not start again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-30T19:16:45+00:00

    THANK YOU for pointing me in the right direction! I uninstalled the Killer drivers and software. My UL speed went from 1 to 300, but now DL went from 900 to 300. Seems damned if I do and damned in I don't!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-13T08:50:40+00:00

    This is not enough:

    You have to prevent the App from starting when you reboot.

    Has to be disabled from Startup Apps with Task Manager or Apps > Startup

    How to Stop Intel® Killer™ Control Center updates from the...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments