Win 10 Pro 22H2, Ethernet upload speed slow, Wireless and Ethernet in safe mode just fine

Anonymous
2023-02-03T04:01:46+00:00

My Win 10 machine has upload speeds under 1Mbps when using an Ethernet connection. Wireless upload speed is 15-20Mbps. Safe mode Etnernet connection is also 15-20Mbps. Here's what I've tried:

Any other ideas?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-30T20:02:19+00:00

    THANK YOU for pointing me in the right direction! I uninstalled the Killer drivers and software. My UL speed went from 1 to 300, but now DL went from 900 to 300. Seems damned if I do and damned in I don't!

    I also had to stop this Killer Network Service and change it from Automatic to Disabled so that it would not start again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-13T18:34:42+00:00

    Intel drivers are bugged out ...

    Go to your Killer app panel : disable the prioritization engine feature, switch it off and retest you'll see ...

    On my computer the features is useless since 6 months ago i think it is a bug ...

    or it is a feature : old drivers at launch were perfectly fined ...

    Intel(inside) ...
    You are welcome ...

    Iam not a MVT professional, just a hacker who knows IT ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-03T04:47:49+00:00

    Hi, MidwestSteve,

    My name is Cindy. I am sorry you are having this problem. I know it is really frustrating. I will do my best to help you with this problem.

    Please note: This is a user-to-user community forum. We are users just like you who help others. We are not employees of Microsoft.

    ___

    Please turn and unplug the modem for 30 seconds. Then turn it back on. Restart your computer once the modem has come back on.

    Check to see if the problem has been fixed.

    ___

    Make sure your computer is currently up to date.

    Please type update in the search and open the page.

    Update if necessary.

    On the same page click on the additional or advanced options and update if necessary.

    ___

    Windows has a feature that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. I have enclosed the directions below. You can cut and paste the code.

    1. Type cdm in the search box. Do not hit enter.
    2. select Run as Administrator then hit enter.
    3. Then type without the quotes. "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and hit enter.

    On the same page run these scan one at a time.

    sfc /scannow

    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

    Hardware troubleshooter

    Please press Windows key + R Key

    Paste the command below into the run box and press Enter:

    msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic

    ____

    Try Modifying the Internet Bandwidth Settings on your computer.

    Press Win key and R key at the same time.

    Type gpedit.msc and click OK.

    Go to Administrative Templates

    Click on Network

    Select Qos Packet Scheduler

    Click on limit reservable bandwidth.

    Click to Enable and change the value to 100.

    Click Apply & click OK.

    Restart the computer and see if this fixes the problem.

    ___

    The next step would be to reset the IP address.

    I know you have tried some of these but there are a few different ones.

    Please copy and paste each onto the page one at a time in order.

    I have enclosed the directions below.

    Please click on the Windows Keys and the S key.

    Type cdm on the search line (do not hit enter)

    Select run as administrator. Then click on Run.

    Enter each of the codes below in order.

    ipconfig /release

    ipconfig /flushdns

    ipconfig /renew

    netsh winsock reset

    netsh interface ipv4 reset

    netsh interface ipv6 reset

    netsh winsock reset catalog

    netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

    netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

    Please let me know if you continue to have a problem or questions.

    Best Wishes,

    Cindy

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-07T00:10:30+00:00

    So far so good. Nothing else has worked to permanently fix this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-07T00:13:37+00:00

    Glad it helped. After I changed that setting I uninstalled the Killer software. Unfortunately it went back to having a slow upload speed, so it’s one more unnecessary app on my PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments