My PC randomly shuts down with the Event ID 41 and I don't know what causes it

Anonymous
2023-02-11T16:30:40+00:00

My PC shuts down randomly but most of the time when I'm playing games and sometimes when I have a game run in the background while I'm doing something else. The crashes usually occur when I play indie games but other games like cyberpunk 2077 work fine on medium graphical settings but when I try to play a small indie game I have a 50% chance of it crashing my PC sometimes 30min and other times 20h into the game.

This is my latest bug report:

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 934.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-02-15T11:38:28+00:00

    Hi OskarRecki,

    You would need to boot your PC into BIOS and look for those settings to see if they exist and if they are enabled.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-15T11:37:06+00:00

    How would I check that exactly because I checked once if the people that I bought the pc have overclocked it but it didn't seem like it. Also how do you check the XMP profiles? Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 934.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-02-14T06:44:32+00:00

    Hi OskarRecki,

    That new minidump file indicates the same Intel driver caused that crash.

    Are you overclocking your processor, or is there an XMP profile set on your RAM in BIOS?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-13T22:06:16+00:00

    Ok so sadly I was playing a indie game again and It froze and crashed my pc like always. Here is the new minidump file and if you need anything else please let me know. Thank you.

    021323-30140-01.zip

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 934.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-02-12T15:37:50+00:00

    Hi OskarRecki, okay, I will be here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments