My PC randomly shuts down with the Event ID 41 and I don't know what causes it

Anonymous
2023-02-11T16:30:40+00:00

My PC shuts down randomly but most of the time when I'm playing games and sometimes when I have a game run in the background while I'm doing something else. The crashes usually occur when I play indie games but other games like cyberpunk 2077 work fine on medium graphical settings but when I try to play a small indie game I have a 50% chance of it crashing my PC sometimes 30min and other times 20h into the game.

This is my latest bug report:

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 934.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-02-16T17:38:16+00:00

    Hi OskarRecki,

    There is not enough information in that image, can you please provide a photo of each of the tabs you have available in BIOS, so I can see all settings you have available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-16T17:22:27+00:00

    You are probably right about it being overclocked as my friend got his pc from the same company and he said that it was overclocked. But when he was helping me my BIOS looked different so he couldn't find it as he also isn't a computer wiz.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-16T17:19:55+00:00

    I will show you the information I booted into and tell me what's wrong.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 934.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-02-16T17:17:28+00:00

    Hi OskarRecki,

    Okay, if your system continues to crash, please upload any newly created minidump files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-16T17:06:45+00:00

    Sorry for being gone for so long. I'm back now looked over the BIOS like the last time to me it doesn't seem like anything is overclocked as the clock speed is the same as the factory one. However I'm not amazing at this and I'm unsure if I'm looking at exactly what I need to be looking at.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments