My PC randomly shuts down with the Event ID 41 and I don't know what causes it

Anonymous
2023-02-11T16:30:40+00:00

My PC shuts down randomly but most of the time when I'm playing games and sometimes when I have a game run in the background while I'm doing something else. The crashes usually occur when I play indie games but other games like cyberpunk 2077 work fine on medium graphical settings but when I try to play a small indie game I have a 50% chance of it crashing my PC sometimes 30min and other times 20h into the game.

This is my latest bug report:

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-17T02:51:53+00:00

    So you think I should test it and if it's bad I should buy new RAM sticks?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-16T21:48:44+00:00

    You have a bad stick of RAM.

    You can run this test to verify: https://memtest.org/

    But this all screams a bad stick of RAM to me, personally.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-16T21:23:43+00:00

    Ok so I did it I only have one minidump file as it would always crash on start up and my pc forced me to do an automatic repair. Here is the file and also I took a picture of one of the blue screens as it was showing which driver caused the crash while all the other blue screens did not show the driver name.

    021623-19609-01.zip

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-16T21:16:31+00:00

    Nvrm just uninstalled it and installed again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-16T20:58:34+00:00

    I did all that have a picture of the blue screen with the driver causing the issue but now I can't turn on Google chrome on my pc. Please help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments